This tasty drink is another one of the recipes I got from chef Eric Fischer at Altamar Restaurant in Tulum, Mexico. It packs a flavour punch! I finally got around to making it for friends last night, and it was a big hit (right guys?)
You can alter the spiciness to your liking by toning down (or up) the jalapeño pepper.
If you don’t have margarita glasses, no worries – a wine glass does the job!
What you need for one serving:
- 1/2 measure tamarind concentrate (I used Deliciosa brand)
- 1 measure tequila plus a dash more
- 1/2 measure Grand Marnier
- 1/4 measure simple syrup
- 1/2 measure Cointreau
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 banana pepper
- jalapeño pepper, to your liking – start with 1/4 teaspoon
- juice of 1/2 lime
- plenty of ice
What you do:
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender, and blend on high until all the ingredients are well combined and the ice becomes slushy.
- Dip the rim of the glass in lime juice, then salt (or skip this step and just drink it). Garnish with a wedge of lime.