These roasted vegetables make a great side dish. I had never eaten roasted cabbage before, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It’s super easy to make; just a bunch of chopping, and then roasting.
This recipe continues my love affair with the Mamushka cookbook by Olia Hercules. She recommends trying it sprinkled with feta. I ate it without the feta, and served it with chicken. Yum!
What you need:
- 155 grams, about 1/4 of a large cabbage, sliced with the core intact
- 1 carrot, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thickly sliced
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 250 grams cauliflower stalks and florets chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 beefsteak tomato, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place all the vegetables except the tomatoes on the roasting pan or pans.
- Pour the olive oil over the vegetables, and then salt and pepper them. Mix with your hands to coat all the vegetables.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, until the vegetables begin to char.
- Arrange the tomatoes on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped dill before serving.
One thought on “Armenian Roasted Vegetables”