This simple cucumber salad was made as a side dish for Korean Beef Bulgogi, but I’m look forward to serving it with other meals in the summertime when my cucumbers have grown. It is a refreshing salad, with just a hint of spice to it.
I found the recipe here.
What you need:
- 1 long english cucumber
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons toasted and ground sesame seeds (plus a few more whole ones for garnishing)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
What you do:
- Combine the vinegar, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Thinly slice the cucumber and add it to the vinegar dressing. Add the green onion and carrot and toss to coat everything with the vinegar dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and more green onion.
2 thoughts on “Korean Cucumber Salad”