This grapefruit cocktail is spiced up a little with a black peppercorn simple syrup. It’s quite easy to make, and it’s got a unique flavour – sweet, tart, and a little hint of spice. And it was made with my parents’ 60’s era cocktail shaker.
What you need for the cocktail:
- 1.5 ounces black pepper simple syrup
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
What you need for the black peppercorn simple syrup:
- 1/4 cup crushed black peppercorns
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
What you do:
- In a small pot bring the peppercorns, water and sugar to a boil, stirring a few times. Once the sugar has dissolved remove it from the heat and allow to cool. Leave the peppercorns in the syrup until you are ready to use it, then strain them out.
- Combine the simple syrup, vodka and grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker that is filled with ice. Shake for a minute, then strain into an ice-filled glass.
A votre sante!
I found this recipe here.