This breakfast tart can be made with or without a crust, and is pretty simple to whip up.
What you need:
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 to 1/2 cup vegan or regular parmesan (I use L’Ancentre lactose free)
1/2 cup basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 /2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4-6 roma tomatoes
optional: small chunks of prosciutto
What you do:
1. Beat eggs with a fork, then mix in yogurt, parmesan, chopped basil, salt and pepper.
2. Cut tomatoes in half and remove the seeds and liquid. This is a step you don’t want to miss, because of you do your tart will be watery. I used grape tomatoes, which taste great but take a long time to deseed.
3. Pour the egg mixture into a greased pie plate, frittata pan or partially baked pie crust. Place the tomatoes on top, then top with a little more parmesan.
4. Bake at 375 F for 25-30 minutes, or until the middle has set.
5. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
I have used this mushroom crust recipe when I didn’t want a typical pastry crust, and it’s delish!
1/2 lb mushrooms
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Chop the mushrooms and saute in butter for 10 minutes. Mix in breadcrumbs, then pat into a greased pie plate.
2. Bake 10-15 minutes at 375F.
3. Fill with egg mixture and continue baking.
2 thoughts on “Tomato Basil Yogurt Breakfast Tart”
This is a great recipe! We will be serving it at Fresh Start B&B. Thanks Kim! Innis & Sheila