It’s so easy to make your own chocolates, and if you like peanut butter, then you might like this one – white chocolate and peanut butter drizzled with dark chocolate on top – Yum! I love the tiger butter they sell at Purdy’s, so I made up this recipe to imitate theirs. I haven’t done a side-by-side taste test, but from what I remember, this is pretty close. I don’t usually measure the ingredients, so feel free to alter the ingredients as you see fit. Just don’t add too much peanut butter or it will end up being too soft.
What you need:
1 cup white chocolate
1/4 cup dark chocolate
1 tablespoon peanut butter
What you do:
1. Use a double boiler, or if you don’t have one, put a bowl on top of a pot containing a little water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat to minimum. You’ll need two of these set-ups, one for the white and one for the dark chocolate (or you could heat the dark chocolate in the microwave… although the only time I’ve done this I accidentally burned it).
2. Put the white chocolate in the top of one double boiler, the dark chocolate in the other. Allow them to melt, making sure that no water touches the chocolate. If that happens, the chocolate will seize up.
3. Stir the peanut butter into the white chocolate.
3. Line a pan with some parchment paper or plastic wrap. Pour the white chocolate into the pan, spreading it around a little.
4. Drizzle the dark chocolate on top in stripes. Pull a knife through the stripes so they form a pattern.
Let it cool, then cut into squares or just break it up.
5 thoughts on “Tiger Butter”
The kids were wanting to make this, but we only have natural, plain peanut butter. Do you think it could work as well? 🙂 They’re having fun looking through your blog of Christmas goodies and dreaming of what we can make in the next week, as we won’t have Omi here with her baked goods this year. Boo . . .
I was thinking about making these again this year, but I only have natural peanut butter too – I thought it would taste great, but maybe not as smooth. I’d love to hear about what you end up baking!
Yummy! Thanks for the sweet!
One question: does one mix the peanut butter in to the white chocolate? Or does it go on the bottom of the pan?
The peanut butter gets mixed into the white chocolate – thanks for catching that! I need an editor!