These veggies smell great as they are roasting, and they were fabulous alongside a roast chicken. So easy, and a delicious comfort food on a cold winter night. Feel free to add more or less of any of the vegetables, or omit some altogether.
What you need:
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 large or 2 medium potatoes
- 2-3 carrots
- 3-4 small beets, peeled
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. If you’ve just roasted a chicken, as I did, put the bird aside with a cover on to rest just before you put the vegetables in the oven.
- Scrub, then chop the vegetables into pieces that are about 4cm. The sweet potato can be a little bigger, as it cooks faster. Put them all on a baking sheet and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Roast for about 10 minutes, then take them out of the oven and toss them around a bit. Return to the oven and let them cook for another 10 minutes, or until they have browned nicely.
- Salt and pepper the vegetables, then serve immediately.