Alright, here’s a super easy one. Just some veg, a little olive oil, throw it in the oven and you’ve got a nice little side dish. I haven’t given any amounts; just do what feels right depending on how many people you’re cooking for. For me, I’d use a small head of cauliflower and a big bunch of tomatoes for two people because I tend to make the vegetables the bigger part of my meal.
Here’s how we do it…
What you need:
- cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- optional: freshly squeezed lemon juice
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to about 400F.
- Chop the cauliflower and place it on a baking pan. Drizzle a little olive oil on top, and add some lemon juice if you’re using it. Place in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the oven; I like to keep them on the vine, for presentation purposes. Drizzle on a little bit of olive oil. Let the tomatoes roast until the skin starts to split, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and add some salt and pepper to taste. You can add an extra drizzle of olive oil if you wish.
Eat it while it’s hot! Maybe I’m strange, but i think this is an awesome appetizer!