We are finally having our first warm days in Vancouver, so I thought it was the perfect time to post a recipe featuring ice cream. I’ve made this hot fudge sauce a few times, but never got a photo I liked. So here it is. Easy to make, and a crowd-pleaser. It was served on vanilla ice cream, but it’s also delicious on a brownie or this amazing chocolate rum cake. There was a little bit of the eating it right off the spoon going on too.
I found the recipe here, and the only change I made was to cut the recipe in half. It will keep in the fridge for a few weeks, but even this portion was more than eight people used for one dessert.
What you need:
- 125mL cocoa powder (1/2 cup)
- 125mL granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 125mL whipping cream (1/2 cup)
- 70mL salted butter, cut into pieces (2 tablespoons)
- 7mL pure vanilla extract (1& 1/2 teaspoons)
What you do:
- In a medium-sized pot whisk together the cocoa and sugar. Whisk in the cream, then turn the heat on to medium.
- Whisk the mixture as it warms, then add the butter. Stir until it melts.
- Remove from the heat, then add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Let the sauce cool for a few minutes, then pour it into a jar.
- You can store this in the fridge for a long time, but before using it, scoop out the amount you need and either microwave it for a few seconds, or heat it in a small pot until it is warm.