These Moosewood brownies are the best. They’re an old standby – whenever I need a surefire easy recipe for chocolate lovers, this is the recipe I go to. I’ve split the recipe in half, so it can be baked in a 9×9 pan, but feel free to double it to make a large pan. Add your favourites – nuts, chocolate chips, or leave it to its pure chocolateyness.
Your house will smell heavenly if you bake this… mine does!
What you need:
2.5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 medium or 2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
What you do:
1. Melt the chocolate and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
2. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light in colour.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then beat in vanilla.
4. Drizzle chocolate in and mix well as you pour it.
5. Mix in flour with a wooden spoon, along with salt and cinnamon, and any extras like nuts or chocolate chips.
6. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
Serve all by itself, with a dusting of icing sugar, with a dollop of whipping cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce, or with ice cream – any way you serve it, it’s gonna be good. Especially if it’s still a bit warm!