This colourful soup is packed with nutritious veggies and plenty of flavour. There aren’t many seasonings, but this soup gets its flavour from the vegetables, especially the browned onions. A dollop of plain yogurt as you’re serving finishes it off perfectly!
What you need:
1 large onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves, sliced
1 leek, sliced
1 red pepper, diced finely
1 fennel bulb, diced finely
2 carrots. grated
1 parsnip, grated
1/2 jalapeno with seeds, finely diced
4-5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 cup red lentils
salt and pepper, to taste
What you do:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot and cook onions until slightly browned.
2. Add the garlic and leek and cook for a few more minutes.
3. Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the broth and lentils and cook for about 30 minutes, simmering on low.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve with a dollop of plain yogurt.
3 thoughts on “Lentil Vegetable Soup with Yogurt”
found out I’ve used your picture in my blog post – attributed of course! looks delicious, by the way. Sounds like it would go great with some fresh rye bread.
Vegetable soup is always one of my favorite and my father is really good at it. But since I came to Canada I lost the chance to taste it ~~~~(>_<)~~~~
I tried several soup recipes but I cannot make the same taste to what my dad made, I'll still try yours.
Besides, I want to share you this tomato soup recipe which I think is very good.
Tastes so creamy!