These beauties made a tasty little appetizer. Super easy too.
The type of cheese and herbs you use is up to you and your taste preferences, or what you’ve got on hand. I used a combination of Tofutti “Better than Cream Cheese” along with some goat cheese, and mixed in some basil and parsley.
These can be made vegan by using cream cheese and parmesan non-dairy substitutes.
What you need:
- mini bell peppers
- cheese of your choice: goat cheese, cream cheese, Tofutti “Better than Cream Cheese,” or a combination of cheeses
- chopped fresh herbs (your choice: basil, oregano, or dill, or…) Green onions are another option
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- parmesan cheese
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Save one pepper to chop up for a garnish. Roast the peppers in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the herbs, soft cheese, salt and pepper, then spread it into the cavity of the peppers. Top them with a bit of parmesan cheese, then pop them in the oven just long enough to heat them up, about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped pepper and a few herbs. Enjoy!