I’ve been enjoying Lindt’s sea salt chocolate bars lately, so when I found this recipe for yogurt-cocoa cookies I knew I needed to mimic those chocolate bars with this recipe. I did this by adding a little sea salt to the tops of the cookies. They are definitely addictive, being chewy inside and crispy outside, super chocolatey, and then there’s the little hit of salt on top. Not too sweet, and a definite must for chocolate lovers!
What you need:
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter
7 tablespoons cocoa
2/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup plain yogurt (not low-fat!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
sea salt for sprinkling
What you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Melt the butter and remove from the heat. Stir in the cocoa and sugars. Stir in the vanilla and yogurt.
3. Add the flour, baking soda and salt all at once and stir it in.
4. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, then drop the cookie batter on by tablespoonfuls, or use a small ice cream scoop. Leave space between the cookies.
5. Bake for about 8 minutes, then remove the pans from the oven and let the cookies sit for a few minutes. Then let them cool on a rack… but you’re going to want to eat some right away.