What you need:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey, agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- dash of salt (if there was none in the peanut butter)
What you do:
1. Combine the oats, and chopped nuts in a large bowl.
2. Melt the peanut butter and add the honey or other sweetener and salt to it. Stir this liquid into the nut and oat mixture and make sure there are no clumps of peanut butter remaining.
3. Spread evenly onto a baking sheet, and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes in total. First set the timer for 10 minutes, then break it up a little. Stir it again after another 10 minutes, then check and stir every five minutes until it is golden brown. Let it cool completely before storing in an airtight jar.
I like to serve mine with yogurt and fruit, and sometimes just fruit and soy milk.