I don’t often make meals that are as easy as this one, and when I do I usually don’t think of it as a recipe worth sharing. But this one is! It’s tasty, nutritious, and easy to make. Feel free to alter the ingredients as you see fit.
I don’t recommend this one as a make and take, since it would probably get soggy. But then, I’m a bit of a sandwich snob and I never like sandwiches that have been made ahead of time.
What you need:
- 1 ciabatta bun per person, or bread of your choice
- hummus (my homemade version is found here)
- tomato slices
- pickle slices (the best homemade pickle recipe is here)
- salt and pepper
- other options: avocado slices, cucumber slices, pesto
What you do:
- The first step is optional, but I think it makes the sandwich extra tasty: slice the ciabatta in half, then heat a frying pan. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan, then place the bread cut-side down to grill it a little. Less than a minute is probably good.
- Add hummus to the bottom slice of the bun, and add whatever else you are putting on it (you know how to make a sandwich.) Salt and pepper the tomatoes a little.
- Put the top on and eat right away!
2 thoughts on “Hummus Sandwich”
Great post 🙂
That looks so tasty!!!