Another quick, easy and delicious way to serve up the super-food kale! Kale is one of the few things I can harvest from my garden year-round, so it’s always good to find some new ways to cook it up.
What you need:
1-2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
1/4 of a red onion, sliced
1-2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
1/2 a lemon
salt, to taste
What you do:
1. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Add the sliced onions and cook until they are browned.
2. Add the garlic, cooking briefly, then add the chopped kale. Toss the kale with tongs a few times until it is wilted and the onions and garlic are distributed throughout.
3. Squeeze on a little lemon, a little salt too, and then toss the pine nuts in.
Serve it right away!
Easy, good for you. Need I say more? Oh yeah, it tastes great too!
garlic cloves, sliced
lemon juice, fresh squeezed
What you do:
1. Slice 1-2 garlic cloves per person. Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium heat. Add garlic, and fry briefly. It should not turn brown.
2. Cut the leaves of the kale off the stems, and chop roughly. Add kale and stir, adding a tablespoon or so or lemon juice. The kale will begin to wilt, and it will be ready to go! It should be bright green and fresh looking when it is, finished cooking, which only takes a few seconds.
3. Eat it right now, while it is still warm and fresh!
Kale is an anti-oxidant, and is a good source of beta carotene (good for the eyes), vitamin C, lutein (also good for the eyes), calcium, and has cancer fighting properties. It’s a superfood! So eat up!