These mushrooms are full of flavour!
What you need:
2 portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup ground almonds
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
What you do:
1. Place ground almonds, cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl. In another bowl, crack the egg and beat it up a little.
2. Remove the stems and clean mushrooms with a damp cloth – if you clean them in water they will absorb too much water. Cut the mushrooms into strips, a few centimetres wide.
3. Coat each mushroom strip in egg, then the almond mixture.
4. Heat a frying pan on medium heat, then add a little olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms. They should not be overlapping. Cook on each side for a few minutes, until they become golden on all sides.
5. Serve them on their own, or with a bit of mayo on the side.