This is a basic pasta recipe that you can use for lasagna, ravioli, spaghetti, and any number of other noodle types.
What you need:
3 cups all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
up to 4 tablespoon water
What you do:
1. Place the flour mixed with salt on the clean counter and make a well in the centre.
2. Add the eggs to the well and mix them up with the fork. Gradually incorporate some of the flour into the egg until it is combined. Add a little water at a time as needed. The dough should not be so sticky that it sticks to the counter, but you should be able to form it into a ball. Knead for 7-8 minutes.
3. Let the dough rest under a bowl for about an hour. Alternately, you can refrigerate it, removing it from the fridge about an hour before you need it so it’s not too firm.
4. Roll the dough using a pasta machine or rolling-pin and cut into your desired shapes. If you’re not going to cook it right away, place a towel over the top of the pasta.
5. Use a large pot to boil water to cook the pasta – it doesn’t need very long, only a minute or two for the thinnest pasta. Lasagna noodles don’t need to be cooked before assembling your dish.
6. Dry extra pasta by draping over a coat hook for a few days.