If you love ginger, these are for you! Even with three kinds of ginger, they aren’t overwhelming, and are a favourite of several of my friends. They aren’t difficult to make, although you do need to plan ahead because you need to put them in the fridge for a few hours, or over night.
What you need:
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 large egg
2 & 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 & 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger (I keep mine in the freezer)
1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
1/4 cup white sugar for dipping the cookies
What you do:
1. Cream the butter and sugar.
2. Beat in the molasses and egg,
3. Sift, then stir the flour, ground ginger, baking soda and salt into the batter.
4. Stir in the grated and crystallized ginger.
5. Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or overnight. If you have it in the fridge over night, take it out about 20 minutes before you want to roll them.
6. Form into balls with your hands, about 1 tablespoon each, and slightly flatten the ball. Dip the tops of each cookie in the white sugar, then place it on a parchment-lined baking tray.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes at 350F.
Let them cool on a rack when they are done. Store in an airtight container and put any in the freezer that you won’t be eating in the next few days, if you wish.
2 thoughts on “Triple Ginger Cookies”
A triple delight! The best ginger cookies ever!