This one is for those times when you’re craving something that’s bad for you. This is a much healthier version of deep-fried zucchini – but oven-baked. I can’t stop eating them, and neither can anyone I’ve made them for.
It’s simple, you just need:
1/2 ish cup of bread crumbs (whole wheat, if you really want to be healthy)
salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400C.
2. Slightly beat the egg in a bowl with a fork.
3. Put bread crumbs, salt & pepper in another bowl and mix.
4. Cut the zucchini into 2cm thick rounds.
5. Dip each zucchini slice into the egg, then the bread crumbs. It helps to press the crumbs on a bit.
6. Place the slices on a baking sheet. I don’t grease mine and they come off fine.
7. Bake for 12 minutes on each side.
I eat them just like that, but you could make a ranch dressing with yogurt to keep it healthy.